My head is buzzing with To Dos.
And the fruit flies are buzzing around my head. Not kidding. They’re ALL over my house the past week and I have no idea where they’re coming from. MP says I shouldn’t kill them because they’re babies who came into the house to get out of the wind and learn how to fly. Yeah, I got nothin’.
Anyhoo, ridding my house of the fruit flies, baby or otherwise, is just one of the things on my list. I’ve also been tagged with a crazy amount of memes I’ve let pile up over the past few months. Tonight, I tackle two.
Flickrlovr tagged me with a Six Word Meme. I’m supposed to define my life in six words and then tag five other people. I’m goin’ with:
2. OCD (which is really three words, but let’s not worry about that, mkay?)
“Tell us/me/the world 10 interesting/random/quirky/normal/silly things about yourself … things you’re looking forward to, things about you personally, whatever you want.”
1. I am chronically late. Oh, and I HATE that. I could have a five hour head start, and it wouldn’t matter one ounce. I’d STILL walk out the door late. And it’s ALWAYS been that way. It’s not that I don’t respect other’s time — I DO! I’m just resigned to the fact I’ll forever be the last to arrive.
2. I’m an insane night person. And absolutely NOT a morning person. On average, I go to bed every night between midnight and 2 a.m. and usually exist on five hours of sleep a day. Which is not nearly enough.
3. If given the chance, I’ll sleep 12 hours with no problem. I LOVE sleep.
4. I totally mowed on THESE tonight. Food that comes in a big white bucket ROCKS.
5. I love to fly fish. Have since I was a kid. And I hate Robert Redford and his damn River Runs Through It. He’s single-handedly brought more damn people to my town than anything else. The rivers are crowded. It’s not the same. And we haven’t gone ONCE this summer, which makes me sad.
6. I have a mole IN my bellybutton. When I was a kid, I could see barely a hint of black in there. Somehow I came to believe it was a stitch left over from birth. Then, when I was pregnant and the button nearly popped, I found it. A MOLE. Weird.
7. I used to drink a buttload of milk. I haven’t touched it in over six months because I read an AWFUL article that talked about pus and blood entirely too much. It RUINED a good thing for me.
8. I spent two years as an organ donation triage coordinator. I did death eight hours a day. Which sounds depressing, but was actually quite uplifting. It’s a cause I am passionate about. It’s a good thing.
9. I worked at MusicLand the last two years of high school. I remember the words that came out of my mouth when we started stocking CDs. “These’ll never last. You can’t record on them like a tape.” Oh, hai Nostradamus.
10. I love antiques and have quite a few, but am always afraid of the memories/energy they might carry, and that they could be haunted.
I’m tagging: Cutie Booty Cakes, Big Hair Envy, The Mental Pause Chronicles, A Bit Squirrley, We Make Three, Waltz in Exile, Donna Reed in Blue Jeans, A Brand New Day with No Mistakes In It … Yet, Stay At Home Something, Lit and Laundry
And now, I’m off to bed for tonight’s five hours.